Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jack Carter Cup - 8th win

My surf clubs marathon and solo team event was on this morning. You can do the swim, ski paddle, run and board paddle solo as most do.
They do have teams as well which I have done since 2006.

Team was Stu(swimmer), Gordon(ski paddler), me(run), Coz(board paddler).
Suffice to say I have the easiest leg. Very weak competition this year with only the swimmer having anyone close and that was about 5 mins behind. The swim, ski, run and board were all made longer this year. Especially the board which was about double.

I had a hard run due to no training and the very soft sand with a steep bank on the beach. Course was longer as we had to go up the big sand dune at the end of the beach to the rocks in the corner and then run back to the club. I did the 2.95ks in 13:38. Passed to the board paddler. I had at least a 15 min lead when I passed to him.who ripped around the course and we won by about 20 mins, for the board paddler and my 8th win in a row. Another pair of dodgey sunglasses was the prize. Seven wins each for the swimmer and the ski paddler.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Nice going Paul. That's a great record.