Sunday, November 10, 2013

Striders Internal Half 1:39:10

Not much running and a tough hilly course that you do twice. Plus at about 8am after I started at 7:04 it bucketed down for 10 mins. We had 5 mm of rain in that time. Actually rained from the start for me until the finish. And for Timmy it was 17 degrees and 86% humidity for most of the run.

I was given a handicap time of 86 mins but couldn't be bothered asking Mike Race the handicapper for more time. I think they used my 84 from the Gold Coast in July to screw me up.

Legs hurt but the best part of the race was the last 5k which to me always seems downhill as you go back to the finish.

Garmin measured 20.80ks but I know it is accurate. I do run racing line as much as possible even though you have to contend with bikes and other runners.

Needed a 2 hr sleep afterwards.

Didn't do the 3000m race Ewen as I was afraid of being lapped in the H race.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Not bad. Sub 1:40 has been my goal for the past 6 years.

Yes, you would have got lapped by the burglars but wouldn't have finished last. I would have made 3rd-last.

Superflake said...

Action ran 1:40 even though he started about 10 mins before me so I did have one win for the day.