Saturday, March 08, 2014

Six Foot Track Marathon 45ks

Well no training since January and that wasn't very good anyway. Knew it was going to be ugly when I crossed the river at Cox's as I hadn't done any hill work except for downhill skiing.

Started in wave 3 but reckon with out a good marathon this year the 6:11 might have me in the last wave for 2015.

Splits were:
Cox's 1:32:15. Actually almost the same for the 3 races I have done which is quite strange. Maybe I just go too hard even when unfit.

Pluvio 3:21:09(1:48:53). A definite hard run from the Cattle Yards onwards. Everyone passed me.

Finish 6:11:18(2:50:09). Suffering badly along black range with stomach cramps and groin pain. Wasn't pretty and the finish couldn't come quick enough.

Love the race though and the beers afterwards with the NSWIB guys and girls was great.

I'm still waiting for Rod to send my fire truck award through. Going straight to the pool room.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I was expecting sub 4:30 Paul. Nice split to the river.