Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wahroonga Wobble STaR 30ks

H4 and Bush 5. Wasn't going to be fun. Only 4 of us with JB going short anyway after about 10ks.

Started in Wahroonga and ran down to North Wahroonga and into the bush and back out again and then back past the start. We got confused after that crossing the Pacific Hwy at the wrong place. 3 STAR's start from the same park, so understandable.

We crossed the highway a few k's later by mistake it turns out and I fell on the footpath splitting my ankle, elbow and knuckle open plus putting a huge bruise on my hip. Safe to say I was a lot slower running the rest of the course.

We eventually go through St Ives and North Turramurra to get back to the start at Wahroonga. Mike and Shaun eventually left on my own at 25ks. Ran back through a few of the 6 o'clock group to the finish.

Total was 30ks in 2:42. Very slow this run with the hills and the hip.

No comments: