Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mosman Reversed STaR 24ks

A self supported Striders run this morning. Unfortunately for me I arrived and no-one had decided to run at 6:20am. Slack Bastards the lot of them.
So off I go on my own chasing the 6:10 and 6:00 groups which I did see at different stages during the run.

Run starts at Balmoral Beach and then goes to Chinamans beach, across the Spit Bridge around Clontarf and back across the Spit Bridge. Then through Beauty Point, Primrose Park and Cammeray before going towards North Sydney.
Then I ran through Neutral Bay, Cremorne Pt and down to Mosman Wharf. From there I decided I had done enough solo running and ran up the hill from the Wharf back to Mosman Shops and back down to Balmoral Beach again.

Where I did catch up with a few of the early starters, one of whom had brought us bananas and drinks. Thanks Pete.
Total was 24ks in 1:58:10. Average pace of 4:55/k. The run was H5 on the Striders hill scale and had plenty of bush running in it as well. Although I did miss about 5ks at the end.

No comments: