Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas STaR 21ks

Turned up at the Spit to find I was the only one running at 6:20AM. A new record low.
Temp was 19 degrees and 87% humidity at the start and only went down to 83% humidity by the finish. Wasn't fun.

Started at the Spit and ran across the Bridge and then underneath to the bush around the foreshore to Clontarf beach?. From there up a few hills until getting to the top of Dobroyd Head. Then it was down through Balgowlah Heights and along Manly Cove to the wharf. Saw the 6:10 going the other way at this stage.

Then it was over to Shelly beach for the turnaround to go back the same direction. Killer hill up to Dobroyd head again and along Cutler Rd. Then the bush and bridge to finish off.

Total was 21.4ks in 1:55:30. Average pace of 5:23 per klm. Hillier than I thought. But since I was on my own I ran at whatever pace I wanted. I did catch the 6AM group at about the 15k mark going up the hill out of North Harbour.

Brunch and Awards followed where I didn't win a thing as per usual.

No comments: