Sunday, December 01, 2013

Timmy's Elite Running Squad 30ks

Timmy cried into his blog on Saturday saying he had no friends to run with. Luckily or maybe not for Timmy I slept in and couldn't get out to Cherrybrook on time to do the Striders Run. Not one of my favourites anyway. Seems to have a hill every kilometre.

Timmy said get to the cafĂ© in Centennial Park for a 7AM start. I arrived early and couldn't see the chief, but he soon arrived dragging a cast of thousands along with him. Kanser was apparently early arriving at 7:02. World Record according to Tim.

Timmy called the session and said we are doing 10k loops in and out of the park. Greta the head runner in the Truscott family lead the pack off at Berlin Marathon pace of 3:04, smashing me early. So much so that by 5k the pack had a gap on me of about 50m.
Couldn't sustain the pace and let them go. Came back through the 10k in about 47:30 I think. The group was off in the distance. By the 15k I was about 1k behind and they were going faster.

Came up to the 20k in 1:36 and couldn't see anyone except some of the drink bottles were still on the ground. I went off on my own to do another lap while looking to see anyone else. That didn't happen so I struggled on to the finish.

30ks in 2:25. Average pace of 4:50 per klm. Not sure a slow finish long run is good for training?
10 - 47:30, 10 - 48:30, 10 - 49.

I guess very consistent pace at least. Although I'm sure the 1st 5k was about 23.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Nice race Paul ;)

All long runs are good for fitness. Slowing down ones though, maybe not good mentally or practise for marathon racing. Opposite splits would be better. Find a different goup!