Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sutherland 2 Surf 11k- 41:55







Originally thought to be a PB but that was 41:48 in 2005 right before the stressie hit me.

Registered late so didn't get an elite start, which was nothing really except I stood on the start line for longer waiting.


The start was usual weaving between people and praying they ran straight and don't get clipped from behind. I was away fast going through 2k in 7:15 and 4k in 14:25 which felt easily sustainable.

That was until we came upon the hills near Westfield at Miranda which run from about the 4.5k mark to the 8.5k mark. Didn't run well for that 4k and tried to get it back on the downhill to Wanda which has a few up hills before the finish.


Finished in 41:55. But the chip didn't work but I do have photos of me so I wasn't running as a bandit. But it is the 1st time in a race I have no official time. Action ran a 38 so I couldn't catch him. I like the 2nd shot, no feet touching the ground.

No comments: