Sunday, June 23, 2013

River Run STaR 25ks

Arrived late this morning at a STaR I have only run once. It was dark and raining. Was told by the hosts there were about 6 at 6:20 so just go up this other road and you should find them.
Turns out I didn't find them but John Binfield who arrived before me but missed the 6:20 group as well found me after 3ks. So we ran together getting lost and trying to read the map in the dark.

The STaR has about 40 street turns on it during the whole run which makes it hard to follow in the dark at the start. Run starts in Putney and goes through Tennyson, Henley, Huntleys Point, Gladesville, a bit of bush through the field of Mars which was very muddy and soon to flood from the look of the creek we ran over. Then John and I went short through Denistone, West Ryde, where the 6:20 group caught us, and back through Meadowbank to the finish.

Didn't rain during the run but did as soon as we finished. Total was 25.2ks in 2:12:15.

No comments: