Sunday, October 26, 2014

Timmy and the Eastside Crew

Temp 19.6 degrees and 87% humidity. Think I dropped a kg on the run.
Turn up just before 7 and in the distance see 6 guys all with shirts off showing their six packs dripping in sweat. Think they had just walked from their cars.
Timmy says we are doing the beachside loop, whatever that is. Anyway found out it was half a lap of the park and then out CP Darley Rd gates and onto to Alison Rd up hills where I was dropped near the hospital. Caught up to Timmy and Sonya downhill into Coogee beach. 5.7ks at this point doing mostly 4:20/k pace. Enda took it out hard.

From there the uphills and stairs going north to Bronte smashed me. The group went up Bronte Rd but I didn't see them as I kept going till the North side of Glamourama beach before finding Birrell St and heading up to Waverly. Eventually found my way to CP to finish the loop. Didn't run as far as I wanted but with the stairs and hills my legs were smashed. Saw Timmy at the finish.

Total was 16.5ks in 1:24:13. Average pace of 5:06 per klm. I was feeling good until we got to Coogee.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

I miss the hills around Coogee and Bronte since I've moved back to Melbourne - thanks for the vivid write-up! :)