Saturday, November 27, 2004

Bay Run CR 5k challenge + bratclub run

Parked the car at the bottom of Lilyfield Rd Hill. Quite frankly you guys and girls need a medal if you can do that hill in a quick time. I better find a steeper one for my hill reps.
Jogged about 3ks over to the start of the challenge at 6.15.
The early start with Nic(Silverfox) and Andrew(Andrewff53).
Did the 5ks in 19:35 a PB for me, beating the old mark of 19:51.
We left a note on the ground and in the fence for Action and the crowd at 7.15.
Went to work for 5hours after the run.

2.00 p.m jogged over to Centennial Park, just near my place.
The Brat club were doing a 3x1400m eliminator race. Only 8 turned up probably due to the heat 35 degrees today.
We did the three races on handicap with a 3min recovery in between.
My watch times were 5:14, 5:27, 5:27. Very happy with that after the fast 5k this morning.
Met Tim Lindop, he was keen on doing the CR challenge but didn't want to do both.
I started on a 30second handicap, with 2 others.
We had one off 20seconds and no-one on scratch.
Charlie Low turned up and was off 1:50 handicap.
I think his times were around the 3:00 minute mark for the 1400m. Is that man quick or what.

Home now for a sleep and then watch the Wallabies beat the Poms tonight.

No comments: