Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Time Trial

Did a 2k warmup before starting tonight. It was getting pretty dark in Centennial Park when I started doing my run.
The time was 13:42 for the 3.7ks. Average pace of 3:42 per klm. And I'm supposed to be getting faster when I taper. I thought I would be faster, but the sore heel is not helping me.

Did a cooldown with Mohammad inside the park. Good luck at London Marathon mate. Also saw CT and JT running a lap after training.

Edit: I did run a 14:09 last year before Canberra around the park. So I guess I am faster.

3 comments:

Tesso said...

Yep, to me 13:42 sounds faster than 14:09 :-)

Eagle said...

Have patience and trust the taper to be right for the day and not before. The pace was faster than last year so the signs are good.

Ewen said...

My mathematical ability tells me that's faster.

Might be too late now, but with the heel... I've been using a gel heel 'cushion' (blue in colour) from Coles in my Asics shoes. I don't have any problems with the Frees.