Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dee Why Dash STaR 28ks

A fine drizzle greeted us at the start of the STaR for the 6:20am group which included Tom31 and Grandpa among others.
We start at Dee Why Surf Club and then run through Davidson and across Wakehurst Parkway and Oxford Falls and then up the long hill to Belrose. I lost the group on the way up to Belrose as I had to make a pit stop. Tried to catch up by cutting out bits of the run but only succeeded in seeing the back of the group about half a k away.
Meanwhile Fats who started at 6:30am passed me near Forest Way and Warringah Rd overpass without actually seeing me.

Continued on my own passing another group before Warringah Aquatic Centre, and then went on through Allambie Heights, Allambie, North Manly, where I took a short cut instead of going past Queenscliff Lagoon.
Kept going past the Harbord Diggers, Curl Curl beach and back to Dee Why. Had a sprint finish with Paul Jack the last 200m.
Good conditions this morning.
Total was 28.1ks in 2:15:35. Average pace of 4:49/k. Not bad considering the first 10ks of this run are so slow.

No comments: