Friday, January 01, 2010

Surf Club: Swim, Board, Run & Flags

The water was so good after the run this morning. A bit of a swell came up so we had some good waves to contend with in what was a very long swim. Probably about 600m over the usual 350m.
The Board paddle was even longer but I think I managed 4th.
The run was reduced to a soft sand beach sprint which I managed to come 3rd in.
In the flags I stayed out of trouble and almost snagged a win. Came in 2nd.

A nice BBQ and beers topped off a great start to the year.

But I did need a 3hr grandpa sleep in the afternoon as I was stuffed.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Must be hard if you need more than a nana nap. Still think you should try the sprints out at Homebush if you're getting podiums on the sand.

Nice going with Black Stump too - sounds like a great way to kick off the year.