Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Menai Fun Run Australia Day 8k

Advertised as 8.2k the same as last year, and we had the same course so who knows what distance. I measured 8.1k, but I run gutter to gutter when I can.
Anyway it was a fun run and the same as last year.

Conditions were very uncomfortable. 23 degrees and 89% humidity on a damn Hilly course. Compares with Cherrybrook Chase fun run, Willoughby fun run and Lindfield fun runs in the hills factor. Not much flat.

Ran 35:01 which was a 1:38 PB for the course over last year. Went out a bit quick clocking 3:35 for the 1st k, and 3:46 for the 2nd. Didn't lose many places when I eventually slowed down.
Finished in 20th overall compared to last years 47th. Didn't snag a 40-49 age medal. I thought they were younger ahead of me.

Probably a good race for speed and hills at the same time. Does that work?
I did talk to CR's Nando at the start and John Dawlings after the race. Must be the first time I have beaten both in a race.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

I don't know. Hills grind me to a halt!

You're going well if you were ahead of John Dawlings - he's a class runner.