Sunday, February 19, 2012

Striders Equaliser 14ks

Not one of my favourite races. Rocky downhill slopes are never a fan of me.
Today was even worse with the summer of rain having scraped all the sand away from the sandstone leaving the downhills very hard and rocky underfoot. And the uphills very muddy.

I started off ok as it was flat, and then the downhill came and loads went past me, the uphill after the creek saw more runners go past. I only managed to take a few spots back on the road section after Lindfield oval.

Back in the bush and once again runners went past me on the downhill but It did manage to hold on going back up the hill and only lose one spot.

I think it was a PW aside from the time about 30 of us went long for 4ks a few years ago. 1:20:56. Very ugly. But what was worse was seeing Timmy berating the tea lady for having no milk. He'll be crying at the top of Pluvio if he can't take his tea black.

No comments: