Sunday, March 08, 2009

Homebush Hustle STaR 17ks

Started at Concord and did a tour of the Olympic site and down to Parramatta River and then back through the mangrove swamps to ths start again.
Was playing 7am host as I volunteered a few months ago thinking I would do this as a taper run for Six Foot track next week.
We also ran longer than normal as a Striders expert figured he knew the course and added 1.8ks because of it.

Ended up as 17.4ks in a very leisurely 1:42. At least the after run drinks and fruit were good.

P.S badly sprained my ankle about 200m from the finish when I stepped in a hole on the grass footpath. Been icing all day since. Bugger!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Sorry about the ankle. Lucky you're not running 6'.

A 17.4k STaR sounds the perfect distance to me.

Clairie said...

Geez Flakey, hope the ankle has come good with the icing and a rest overnight.