Sunday, March 22, 2009

SMC 30k

My first time out at SMC since October 2007. Many races and injuries later I finally front up for a race distance almost never held which was 30ks.
Started with the expectation I might keep with Eagle as he was doing 4:20/ks for a long hitout before his 100th marathon at Canberra. Realised after 2.5k drink table that I was being stupid and should just do a training run so slowed the pace up.

Course was as hilly as I remember it from running the half out at SMC once before although we did get to do the same hill twice plus another one twice which is past the usual 5k turnaround point. Love those hills!!!

Finished in 2:23.40 for the 30k at an average pace of 4:47/k.
Had pain in my foot and hamstring all the way through the race which didn't help me this morning. Actually my longest run since before Canberra last year which is good.

Blue Dog's mum can't count as I've only run in 4 races this year that little Bluey has been in, but she was reading the results through the bottom of a sherry bottle so you can't expect much.

4 comments:

Clairie said...

Poor Mrs Blue Dog...she gets a bashing on your blog heh!

Good idea to turn it into a training run..though not sure I would have kept running if I had pain the whole way. Hope a few days rest will see that go away.

So what next?

Ewen said...

Good training run, but looks like you're a little way from running the sub-3. Keep plugging away and get on top of those niggles.

I don't know... didn't Lil' Bluey only just manage to beat Jogger Kev's PB at 6'? Pretty ordinary really now that sub-4 is the new A-standard.

Unknown said...

Pain the whole way? How did you keep running like that? I hope you take some rest, SF, unless you want me to pass you in Canberra!

Anonymous said...

Umm, Paulie, I know we've had our differences, but I really need a big favour.

After Lil' Bluey picked up more bling mid-week winning the 40+ age group at the '000' Services biathlon and again on Sunday at Sri Chinmoy Centennial Park 12k XC winning his age group .... well I simply need a spare room to put all his trophies, medals and other awards in.

Of course you were the first person I thought of 'cause it's a problem you simply don't have so you must have a heap of spare space.

And it would be nice for you also; it will be the closest you'll ever get to having a trophy collection.

You could even show some to friends and say they are yours if you really want.

Cheers, Blue Dog's Mum.