Sunday, February 07, 2010

Palm Beach to Clareville & Back 20ks

Since my surf club decided to change their races to 9am I decided I couldn't make the Striders STaR at Hornsby and get back to Palmie. Lucky for me as I heard it was a raging biathlon with leech infected creeks.
Ran from my surf club in drizzling rain and as I went past the Palmie shops I was joined by Keith Bateman who turned around to run with me for about 1k. I reckon I held him up. Good to talk to Keith.
After that I ran in through Careel Bay, Avalon and onto Clareville. Which if you don't know the area is turn left after you come out of Bilgola Bends and keep going West until you hit Pittwater about 3ks away.
The rain at this point got downpourish. No such word but hey my blog. Slogged it back to Palmie being nearly taken out by a few cars. Narrow roads and a big surf men Leroy the Masochist and his mates were all out at Palmie this morning.

Total was 20.23ks in 1:36:41. Average pace of 4:46/k. Not bad on a hilly and wet morning.

No comments: