Wednesday, June 16, 2010

MLR 12ks

Thanks for everyones comments about Christchurch. The hamstrings/ITB stopped hurting by Wednesday and the calves took until Saturday to finally get back to normal. Maybe it was the cold?
Tokyo Racer there were 118 in the male 40-49 age group and I was 12th. I found out I actually passed 25 runners after the half way mark. Moved from 69th to 44th position. Didn't seem like that many.
LL yes I am off to Boston in April as I needed a sub 3:20 to qualify for my age group. Hopefully the sub 3hr will get me in the 1st corral. Which actually has a 1000 people in it. Large Marathon!

Legs felt ok today so I ran from work up to Centennial Park and did a lap around the outside and ran back to work. All up 12.64ks in 1:01:23. Average pace of 4:51 per k.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's a good finish photo Paul - worth putting your hands up for the first sub-3.

Hope you get the first corral. Should be a great experience tearing off down those hills just behind the elite runners.