Sunday, August 15, 2010

Iron Cove Bolter STaR 29ks

A huge crowd at 6:20am this morning, I think about 20 of us. Largest that I can remember for a while.
Started at Drumoyne and ran down to Haberfield around the Bay and then back up to Dobroyd Pt doing the dog loop and then continuing around the bay until we crossed the Iron Cove bridge. From there it was through Drumoyne until we crossed over the Gladesville Bridge, some of us decided to do the Hunters Hill loop first instead of Huntleys Point. I didn't realise they were cutting out the other loop until we headed back across the Gladesville bridge again. So missed 1.4ks of the course.

From there we ran along the waterfront through Chiswick to Russell Lea and headed back to Timbrell Park. I dropped off the group after we crossed the Gladesville bridge as they were a bit quick. As I had missed some ks I went the long way around the bay run on the way back to the finish at Drumoyne.

Total was 29.3ks in 2:10:46. Average pace of 4:27 per klm. I said it was a bit quick today.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's a good run Paul. My dream pace for a 10k race!