Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Batfink and I

More secret training. It was a run into Centennial Park tonight with the bats as company.
Ran around the outside fence with the street lights mostly showing the way. Although it gets a bit dark in some places.

The plan tonight was walk 3 minutes, run 3 minutes and repeat, repeat.

All up a total of 42 minutes and 5.54 ks covered in that time.
Leg felt ok although it does not like the downhills too much. I could do plenty of hill work but I would have to walk down slow. Walking down slow sounds fine, helps me recover.

Anyway Batfink was a cartoon character that used his wings to shield bullets. His mate or nemesis can't remember was Hugo a GoGo. Classic name.
My mind is full of useless crap. blah!

7 comments:

26miles said...

Flake, it was Batfink (and Karate)!
Hugo a Gogo was indeed his nemesis.

Tesso said...

Good news on the secret training.

And you mentioning Hugo a GoGo reminds me of that fat little character in the Kentuky Fried Chicken ad ... and Hugo said you go and I said no you go ...

Clairie said...

and I thought your blog was funny! But then I read your comments.....

What a laugh. I have never heard of Batfink. But the Hugo a Gogo sounds familiar. Wouldn't forget that name in a hurry.

Good to see you keeping the training up Superflake, especially as the days get darker and cooler:)

Gronk said...

Good news on the running mate.

Tell your friends the bats not to sh!t on my car.

Gronk said...

Flake to answer your question, yes I am doing the Bondi race then backing up with Nail can the next Sunday. I'm only doing the 4km though and the low impact makes recovery a snap. So there will no zero DOMS etc.

Katie said...

You and JD are a worry ;-)

Good on you for the secret training. I run in Centenial Park on Tues, wed Thurs morning and then sometimes on other days... recently we have done a lot of our sunday runs on the grass at Queens park and Centenial Park... we will not cross paths because you run with the scary bats!!

Ewen said...

It's good to see you're able to do some running Paul, even if it's in secret.

That story reminds me of the bats in Lane Cove Park.