Sunday, March 26, 2006

Secret Training

Into Centennial Park and ran and walked around the trail inside the fence. So all on grass and dirt. No tar or concrete. This morning was a case of walk for 3 minutes then run for 2 minutes until I got up to 40 minutes.

My leg didn't hurt when I ran it only hurts now while pressing on the stress fracture spot. So don't get your hopes up that I will be back running normally any time soon.
To me I'm looking at early May which will be 3 months, but there are no guarantees with a stress fracture that it won't need longer to stop being painful. But not hurting when I ran is a start.

Did 5.01ks in the 40 minutes. Not exactly fast as the run was really just a slow jog for me.
It is a great feeling running in the park after a rain. Soft under foot with the smell of the pine needles on the ground and the eucalyptus in the air.

6 comments:

Gronk said...

Good news champ !

Jen said...

That is good news 'Flake. Funny how that well you return to running after an injury-break, you notice the small things ;-)

Take it easy

PS Why weren't you at drinks ??

Don Juan said...

nice start, talk about secret training.

I've volunteered to officiate at Striders next week so we'll see whether I get a start in the race.

Tesso said...

Can't I get just a little bit excited for you!

Katie said...

Yeah you!!! I love the park after the rain... I can always smell cinamon... but maby I am just hungry :-)

Brendan said...

SF, Looks like you're not rushing into things like I am. Glad someone is listening to paid for advice. Keep it going mate. Brendan