Sunday, March 05, 2006

Surf Club Swim-Run and big win.

A nice heavy surf this morning at the beach. Heaps of fun to watch the other clubs races. Lots of spills in the ski and board paddle races.

For our swim we had a pretty short swim but it was pretty big the swell trying to get out. Dive down deep under a wave and I still felt them drag me. Survived the swim ok as it was probably only 600m in total.

My focus was on the run. How unusual. I went into the last round which was today equal on points to the guy I have been racing with all season.
I needed to beat him plus come in the first 4 which guarantee's extra points. I started off a handicap of 60 seconds with him behind me off 75 seconds.

I held him off safely to finish third for the race and in so doing taking the 'run' trophy for the season. Yeehah!
I think he let me win the trophy as he already had the board and the overall comp trophy sown up.

In spite of being upset about the two stress fractures this past year I have still managed to win two trophies in my Surf Club events. So quite happy.

That was the last race for our club for the season, but the actual surf club still has races until Anzac Day.
Plus we have our Marathon Run, which is not that long actually, on sand in April left to do.

And a note for Don Juan. The hill and off road ratings for Striders STaR's are only on the calendar you get in the mail each quarter.

7 comments:

Tesso said...

Huuuuuge congrats Flakey!!!! That is sooooo exciting!

Hey, as if that guy would let you win the trophy, what a load of crap. Would you let somebody else win? Never!

Jen said...

Very cool, congratulations :-)

Are you heading up the hills next Saturday to cheer ?

Lulu said...

Nothing like some racing silver to cheer you up. Hope the leg is well on it's way to being ready for running again.

Clairie said...

Well done superflake...you can change your name now to super swimmer :) *lol*

TA and the Gnome said...

Good stuff! Congratulations on competing (sensibly) in spite of the shins.

Gnome

Katie said...

Awesome effort Flakey!!! Stress fractures and all! I am with Tesso... greatly doubt he let you win- I wouldn't ;-)

miners said...

Hey, a champion amongst us! Love to hear about some bling. Congrats mate :)