Thursday, March 30, 2006

And now a toe injury. Argh!

After doing a simple run & walk thing on Tuesday I have somehow hurt the big toe on my left foot.
No idea how but consequently I am now limping around due to the big toe controlling all balance in your feet.

Have been icing the bugger. But it is the usual thing. Can't see any bruise. Press on it hard and I can feel the pain. And walking is a real shit.

It does appear to be on the top near the joint of the toe connected to the foot. Maybe a stray tree root got me on Tuesday or was it Batfink?

I won't be running or walking around much for awhile. Hopefully the pain will go away so I can do a soft sand run Sunday week, fingers crossed.

7 comments:

Tesso said...

What a bugger :-( But no bruise is a good sign, isn't it?

Take care.

Jen said...

Bugger...

Gronk said...

Yes, lets blame the bats. I'm all for a widespread cull. Maybe then they learn not to sh!t on my car. ;-P

Clairie said...

What the hell is happening to all us coolrunners?????

Come on Superflake.....just chop the bloody thing off and start running again. :)

LOL lots of toe kisses coming your way to make it better.

2P said...

Could I suggest you don't press on it then :-)

Sadly I can still hum the batfink theme....

Don Juan said...

Don't buy any lotto tickets until your luck changes.

I will go in the SMH 1/2 and push it, just not psyched up for it at the moment.

Ewen said...

That gives me an idea! Hit your thumb with a hammer and you won't notice your running pain anymore. :-)