Tuesday, February 03, 2009

2009 Goals

How slack that I have not listed any goals for the year. Surely I need to put down something for Blue Dogs mum to laugh at.
So these are in no particular order except distance and really don't have a purpose in some cases, just a feeling of what I would like to do depending on injuries.

3000m sub 10 mins. Might have to wait until the end of the year to have a go at this one.
5k sub 18 mins. I know I really should run this better than I do.
10k 36:21. Strange time? In June 2004 I did my 1st 10k race at Striders lane cove in 46:21.slug!
Half Marathon 82 mins. Have not run a good one for over 2 years now.
Marathon 2:55.59. Rumoured time that I need to be in the first corral at Boston next year.

Some soft and some hard goals. Plenty to work hard for.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it all happens for you in 09 Flake.

Clairie said...

It's going to be interesting to see what goals you find easier to achieve than others and what training you do to get you there.

Best of luck with them all...its always good to have goals.

Anonymous said...

All perfectly achievable. Don't let Blue Dog's mum tell you otherwise. I want to break 10 mins for 3000, so if you do it let me know the trick.

Eagle said...

Goals put something up to aim for. Brave moove to put them up - realistic to know some are harder than others. Hard or easy most of the challenge is trying to meet them.

Ewen said...

Good to put them out there. Don't worry about Blue Dog's mum - she's soft.

3000 - hard. 5000 - easy. 10k - hardish. Half - easy. Full - hardish.

Anonymous said...

You're bloody hilarious!

Wish for your goals as hard as you can and put all those wishes in one hand.

Each time you need to crap, crap in the other hand.

Then tell me which hand filled up first.

Blue Dog's Mum.