Sunday, February 01, 2009

Centennial Park 29ks

Good news! The run was so hot today that I'm lead to believe by the dodgy scales that I lost a kg. So much for weighing yourself before you drink anything after a long run.

Had to run in the afternoon today unfotunately.
Temp was 27 degrees and 64% humidity when I started and still 25 degrees and 75% humidity when I finished.
Did a few different loops around Centennial Park trying to avoid the sun until some late cloud blew over and saved from the sunburn.

Total was 28.8ks in 2:16.19. Average pace of 4:44 per klm. Getting there. Might crack 30ks sometime.

3 comments:

Rob said...

That's a good effort considering the conditions. Wat better than my 5;21 pace.

Clairie said...

So do you ever get slower when you go further??

Good run Flakey, especially in those conditions.

BTW I have never understood that whole weigh yourself thing...first thing I do when I finish is DRINK DRINK DRINK.

Ewen said...

Sounds as nice as our 37 and 20% humidity the other day.

Nice run Paul. If I laced up the racing flats and tapered for a week I might be good for 15k at your easy long-run pace.