Sunday, February 22, 2009

Striders Equaliser

Wet, muddy, raging creeks, humidity, lost runners, all add up to the Striders Equaliser.
Rumoured to be a 14k run between Belrose and Lindfield and back via the trails and road.

Only problem was that Terrey Hills just up the road had over two inches of rain on Saturday afternoon/night. Heavy track and plenty of rocks exposed.

I was in about 20th spot after we finished with the road section. Back into the bush for about 1k and then we turn right at the first turn. That was easy. About 500m up the trail there was a sign that said pumphouse but all the runners ahead of me ran past so I kept following. Ended up with four of us stopping about a k and a half up the trail when we came to a fork. Damn must be the wrong way so had to go back stopping a few other runners from making the same mistake.

So when I finish I find my about 25th spot before the turn becomes 58th spot at the finish and nearly all the runners in between never overtook me. Just what I need 3k extra ks in a muddy bush run.
A new PW for the Equaliser. Did I say this year was a record breaking year?
Time was 1:25.37 for possibly 17ks.

Tempo run very hard work at that pace considering my present fitness. Probably overreaching to do that pace at the moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so funny! I laughed so hard my false teeth fell out!

Just when you think your running can't get any worse ... you get lost! ... ROTFL Pauly.

Did I mention that my daughter-in-law beat you? Lil' Bluey and her haven't stopped smiling since.

Please oh please come to Canberra Pauly. Please.

Blue Dog's Mum.

Ewen said...

It was 14k the last time I did it (about 2 decades ago).

Don't worry about BD's Mum. She was only laughing because she remembered the funny bits from Wipeout Australia.

Eagle said...

Sounds like it could have been fun but ... the risk of trail running. You shouo dhave been at Smitho and you would not have gotten lost.

Dave said...

It's not an Equaliser unless at least one person takes a wrong turn!