Saturday, February 07, 2009

Striders 10k Lane Cove

22 degrees and 80% humidity and the smell of bushfire smoke in the air. 43:59 for me. Ran as expected in my opinion.

I now feel I'm not ready for a Marathon in Canberra. Won't do the distance justice so I'm better off training through until Sydney when I can have a faster go at the race.
I've been tossing up since December about whether I should do Canberra as I'm not fit enough to race at the speed that I want to do due to the injury last year.

Might try to have myself fit enough to run fast at the state 10k road titles in May, and then onto SMH Half.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

You gonna make the trip to Canb anyway and have a crack at the 10k there?

Anonymous said...

Pauline I will help you out.

I will send you one of Lil'Bluey's old running shirts to wear. After he wears them a few times they become impregnated with 'residual toughness' which should help you a lot.

Cheers, Blue Dog's Mum.

Anonymous said...

Gee, reading blogs would be so boring without you and Blue Dog's mum.I am firmly in the camp of not doing a marathon unless really ready to have a bash at a good (for me) time. Why don't you aim for the Gold Coast? SMH half is a great indicator for that.

Ewen said...

Wow - Tesso's gone blonde!

If you're not doing a fast marathon, you could always do the 50k.

Where you going flat chat at Lane Cove? I'm confused. Your easy runs around Centennial Park haven't been much slower than that.

Eagle said...

I was hoping you wouldbe in a position to run well at Canberra and I thought you trainig was going well. However I thought at this stage you were not doing enough steady runs to build the base a bit more but I know you had other races as goals other than just the marathon. Maybe the thin base was the reason for the slow down in the 5's compared to the 3k.

I still believe with a small modification with your training you could prepare for Canberra and relistically aim for 3.