Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MLR 15ks

Ran around Centennial Park. Nice and cool and pretty windy.
15ks in 71:54. Average pace of 4:47 per klm.

Actually Ewen I was running slow enough during the 10k so Blue Dog could get one win for the year over. Made me run real slow too. Seriously I wasn't going hard due to the hamstring feeling sore and me not wanting to do any more damage to it.

Have not run since Saturday as sometime last week I strained my hamstring. I think possibly last Sunday and it is still sore when I run. I still have no intention of running Canberra as I just don't have the klms up that I want to tackle a Marathon. Wish I did, but the real goal is getting a sub 3hr and then running Boston next year.

I couldn't use any of Blue Dog's old singlets as I heard he knitted a quilt out of them. He needs the quilt to cover himself up in the kennel.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I hope the hamstring is better sooon Flakey. sounds like you are doing the right thing. Stay focused on the goals.

Clairie said...

Disappointed re- Canberra but totally understand. Gosh how fast do you have to be before you focus on a mara??

Hope the hammy has sorted itself out or does so in the next few days. Maybe cut out speed/racing and just do some mileage ....not that I am trying to get you to Canberra or anything :)

Ewen said...

That explains it. Nice of you to jog and let Blue Dog have a win.

Hope the hammy does the right thing so you can get back to the big training needed for the sub-3.