Sunday, July 05, 2009

Berowra Big Dipper STaR 30ks

Was worried when I showed up to start with the 6:20 group and the other 3 runners all do 34-36 for 10k. So it was a bit of hard work for me to stay with the group for most of the run. Eventually lost them on the single track stairs as you start to go towards the Berowra ferry. Caught up to them at the ferry but let them go as I had to use the toilet.

Was smashed by the hills in this run. They were just relentless. The run up from the ferry is 4.6ks all up hill. Had a fall in one bush section almost drowning myself in a muddy creek crossing. After that fall I was a bit slower going back to the start.

The course is effectively a tour of every street, bush track and hill in Berowra and Berowra heights. Rated H5 out of 5 with 10ks of bush. Mosman 2 weeks ago was rated the same but this was the hardest STaR I have ever done.

Finished without the other guys as I never saw them again after the ferry and they had gone before I arrived back. Didn't stay long after the run as I had a birthday brunch to go to.

Total was 30ks in 2:46.20. Average pace of 5:32 per klm. I'm sure some part of this run today was good for Sydney Marathon training.

No comments: