Monday, September 14, 2009

An injury

The training was getting more difficult for the legs after the 25k Sunday week. On Wednesday when I ran 10k it was a real struggle to get through that amount as my leg/hip hurt so much.

Went for my first run yesterday since Wednesday and only lasted 1k as the leg hurt so much.

Anyway, this morning I went off to the Sports Doc who worked out that I have hurt the bursa that is close to the hip on my ITB. Yes the dreaded ITB.

Took the quick option and had an x-ray and then a cortisone injection into the bursa. Not painful at all as long as you don't look at the needle. I was a bit pale the Doc said.

Have some anti-inflams to take and need to see a physio this week for a pummel and I will be right to have a run on Thursday and then do the Marathon. This Doc worked with the Wallabies so he knows a bit about sports injuries.

6 comments:

Gronk said...

Good luck with it Paul.

Ewen said...

Bugger. Go easy Thursday, go for it Sunday. Prep has been good, so if it holds together the sub-3 is on.

glenda said...

Just get the needle before the race that all those footballers seem to get...or maybe 2 as they only play for 80 mins and you are going to be out there for 2.59.59

Dave said...

Hope the treatments make the desired impact to get you on the line ready to roll on Sunday!

Maybe like glenda suggests you station someone out on the back half of the course with the magic spray, always seems to work wonders!

Unknown said...

How did you go, Paul?

Ewen said...

Yes, how did it go Paul. I saw 3:27 with a bit of a positive split. The injury?