Sunday, May 08, 2005

Buffalo Creek STaR 23.6ks

Asking for punishment I made my way up to nth ryde for the Striders STaR.
Started at 6.10 am in a group including Redback, Blue Dog, Auntie K, Truckie and Kevvie.
Straight up a hill 500metres after the start. Typical!

Decided to run the full 30k so when most broke off at the shortcut I kept going with Redback and Blue Dog.
At this point my foot started playing up so I waved Blue Dog and Redback on.
My last nights dinner had also decided it was time to go so I needed a very unscheduled pitstop.
After exiting the bush along Epping Rd I discovered the 6.00 group had gone past so I was running alone from then on. Helpful locals told me they were not that far ahead. Yeah right.

Got to the bush and it said on the map head for Marsfield. Well the first sign has no Marsfield on it. And I'm on the great North walk. Doesn't it end up in Gosford or something?

Had 3 or 4 left or right turns before some local chinese having a cuppa pointed me in the right direction as they had seen some striders go past earlier.

4ks in the bush was about 40mins I think. I was fairly lost in there. Lucky the M2 concrete makes a bit of a noise.
After that got out of the bush and headed for some park can't remember the name.
Another long pitstop ensued. It really was a nice steak and beers I had last night watching the Swans win.

When I finally finished I headed up towards Lane Cove rd and decided to short the run by heading to Epping Rd again instead of doing another 8 in the bush. No thanks.

Finished with 23.61ks in a very leaisurely 2:19:35. Average pace of 5:54 per klm.
Did I mention that the run was H4 out of 5 on striders run hill list.
Hunter St and Argyle Cut bring it on!

No comments: