Saturday, May 07, 2005

Striders North Head 10k Race

With a southerly blowing and a humid morning I thought this might be an ugly day.

Started off with two lots of 3:50 ks and went rapidly down hill after that.

Was at the 3k mark in 11:43 and then the 5k came up at 19:58 so I new it would be a crap run.

The foot pain came back at about the 5k mark to remind me that it hurts. Got a tip from Miss Skarmel about tying laces so might try that.

Finished in a time of 40:56. Very disappointed with that. The PB is 39:54 on a hilly course.

There were a heap of runners at todays race. I'm guessing the 300 mark again. Action will be pleased.
Had the shock of my life about the 6k mark when Mister G powered past me and kept on going.
Definitely a PB not sure how big. Time was 40:20 I think. Couldn't get the grin off the face after the race. And he did a 60k training run last Sunday.

I am definitely not feeling fast at the moment. Even though my 1k reps get me under 4min/ks.
Only have two weeks to turn it around for SMH Half.
I was hoping to use todays faster time to push for a C2S preferred start. No chance.
Striders 30k STaR tomorrow!

2 comments:

Horrie said...

Flake, you sound as though you started a fraction too quick today rather than build into your run like you did at Lane Cove. You just seem to be lacking that top end speed at the moment. Don't fret mate, I am sure you'll have it back in no time. Just need to be patient.

Carolyne said...

You are being far too hard on yourself SF. I think that in thinking about the C2S qualifier you did go out too quickly and couldn't maintain it in inauspicious conditions.
Cut yourself a little slack. You are obviously very talented and 12 months into "serious" training you are going well. Running is such a mental game, be fresh and relaxed for the half and your claim to a preferred start might happen.