Sunday, February 25, 2007

Mosman Reversed STaR-29ks

A big crowd running the 6:20am group this morning, about 20 of us. Very hilly STaR with a Striders rating of H5. Probably not as bad as that but it certainly had plenty of good hills. Had Grandpa, Aimhigh,Timinerko,26miles,Silverfox and MPH after he dropped back from the 6:10 group running today.
Very windy with a few showers around and lots of bush on our journey around the Spit Bridge and then from Neutral Bay back through Cremorne and Mosman.
Certainly very scenic if you had a chance to look at the harbour. Definitely one of my favourites as I used to live in Mosman and ran past two of my parents old houses in the process.

Had a hard time keeping up with the main group through the Zoo area as the front runners would take off before everyone finished at a drink stop. Group run?

The run was great but I was certainly feeling it as we had 10ks through the bush in total with plenty of rocks and tree roots to dodge. Good practice again for Six Foot, and so were the hills.
Arrived back on my own as others cut the run short near the end to do more bush and I came down the road.

Ended up with 29.5 ks in 2:35.35. Average pace of 5:16 per klm. Supposed to be 31ks.
Chatted to Amjan and MPH after the run. Both commenting that my legs were really skinny. Very funny my mother always worries about that too.

7 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Superflake,

You have cetainly left no stone unturned with your training for sixfoot. You should do really well.

What's the goal time? Or shouldn't I ask?

Ewen said...

That run was one of my favourites too. Although I was usually going slow enough to admire the harbour views ;)

Funny that Striders are still having problems with the 'group run' concept. They used to do that in the 80s.

Clairie said...

Great run Superflake. Sorry to miss you on my quick trip to Sydney.

I was going to do the Striders run but when JD told me it was H5 I ran in the other direction very scared. I found the Western Wanderer undulating and he said it was bone flat!!! Imagine what his idea of a hilly run would be!

So time to fess up to what your excuse was for not coming out to the CR 5km (well aside from work that is)!!

Take care over the next week or two and I am sure you will be very happy with your Six Foot performance.

2P said...

Nice work SF - not a bad run for a bloke with skinny legs ;-)

Horrie said...

That's a good run on a tough course Flake. I did it a few years ago and the hills in the last couple of kms just put the icing on the cake. All looking good for 6 Foot.

Tesso said...

Yeah, that STaR run sounded just a bit to scary for we banjo players. Pity, it would have been great to catch up.

I know how you feel about the drink stop thing, I get so frustrated when people take off before others have finished. I try to drop subtle hints like saying out loud "let's wait for everyone" but I sure get the odd dirty look when I do.

Mat said...

Nice work Paul! Look after yourself for the next couple of weeks and you'll have a great 6'.