Monday, February 26, 2007

Cool Recovery Run 10ks

Went out for a recovery run about ten past 7 and was back about an hour later.
In the hour the city had 10mm of rain. I swear it all fell around Centennial Park. The storm water outlets around the park were going flat out filling up the lakes in there.
It was fantastic although at times a little painful with the stinging rain and I was absolutely soaked. At least the shoes had a good mud bath.

Ran 10ks in 58:20. Average pace of 5:50 per klm. Nice for a wet recovery run. It was raining when I started, so no chance I was piking on this run. If it rains at Six Foot you have to put up with it. So might as well have the practice at least on grass/dirt in the rain.

4 comments:

Spud said...

Rain at 6FT, now I'd like to see that. :)

2P said...

Me too Spud, me too...

Ewen said...

Same here! Would just love everyone to be forced to swim Cox's.

Tesso said...

I saw all the rain on the news. I can't believe you were out there running in that!