Friday, February 09, 2007

A Run, Yes a Run

The ankle is looking pretty bruised as it should when it starts to come out. The swelling has almost all gone but it is still pretty sore to touch.
I put one of those ankle compression bandages on it to keep it stable if I did trip over and headed into Centennial Park.
Did a lap of the cross country track around the outside fence realising how damn humid it was tonight.

Ran 7.13ks in 40:55. Average pace of 5:44 per klm. Very easy pace. Ankle feels as good as it did before I left on the run as I ran very carefully hoping not to trip over.
My ankles have been twisted or sprained in differing degrees over the years, so many times I am surprised I have not broken them.

4 comments:

Ewen said...

That would be 40:55 ;)

Glad you could get out there and test it. The Equaliser has me worried - not exactly as smooth as the park.

Gronk said...

Phew, good news !

2P said...

Good to hear mate - all the best for the equaliser - almost worth becoming a strider just to do it - almost ;-)

Martin said...

Glad all is coming well Flake, go nuts tomorrow if the ankle lets you, brilliant race.