Monday, February 05, 2007

Recovery Run 12ks

The usual run into Centennial Park around the trail down to Anzac Pde and back again.
Nice running in the park tonight.

Everything was going well, legs felt great after the run at Six Foot yesterday. Until I tripped and sprained my ankle. Blew up like a balloon as soon as I took my shoe off when I got back.

Now icing the ankle so it can go down. Bugger. Sprained it many times and continued to run, so no problems here.

Ran 12.13ks in 1:14.41. Average pace of 6:09 per klm. Wow faster than I ran Six Foot yesterday. Nice slow recovery.

8 comments:

Tesso said...

Oh crap :-( Hope the ice settles it down quickly and it doesn't hurt too much.

2P said...

Nice work getting out there after yesterdays long hot hilly one.

Hope the ankle comes good.

Gronk said...

So you run 40km up and down Hell Valley and then you roll your ankle near home ? Too funny. Er, actually it sounds like something that I would do...

Keep the ice on it mate. Luck x 100 :)

Anonymous said...

Keep on eye on that ankle. The training seems to be going well, no need to take too many risks. Hope to hear you running injury free soon.

R2B said...

Hope the swelling goes down fast and your good to go for the striders equaliser!

You got a lot further in your recovery run than I though!
Called it quits at 4.7km

R2B

Clairie said...

All good news to me. Well in a roundabout weird runners injury type of way!

I just mean it might slow you down a bit and ensure you get to the start line refreshed and hyped up ready to kick butt.

That is if you take it seriously now and RICE that ankle. THat way you can still be cautious and run when you can - but don't run through too much pain. We don't want you bringing any cankles along to Six Foot.

Martin said...

Geez Flake, I'm not sure what it is about this race, seems nobody can get to the start with a 100% build up! Plenty of time yet mate, let all the work you've done over the past few weeks sink in, an easy week might be good for you.

Mat said...

Dang, that's a pain (no pun intended). Hope it clears up for you quickly mate.