Thursday, March 01, 2007

3x3.7k Reps

Headed into Centennial Park to do some reps of the running track. Jumped into a new pair of shoes that I bought last week. A pair of Nike Air Pegasus T/C. Looking at using them for Canberra Marathon as they weigh less than the standard Air Pegasus.

The park was getting a bit dark due to the dark clouds and the sun going down so the bright white shoes stood out a bit strangely. Very humid tonight, it was incredibly sticky.

The reps were 14:28(3:54/k), 14:23(3:53/k), 14:31(3:55/k). These were done with a 6 minute walk recovery between reps. Did a 2k cool down after the session.

Looks like I still have some pace but probably not enough to run the 10k this weekend for a PB.

5 comments:

speedygeoff said...

Hmmm. Like Eagle you are doing long intervals. I never could get my head around any longer than 1km. Must be why you are now running better than I am.

miners said...

nice work on the reps mate. You're certainly in top condition at the moment.

Hey, I'm particularly interested in the TC's. Almost bought a pair off eastbay a month back. Let me know how you go with them

2P said...

You will get the "Colin good shoe choice" star of approval for those SF ;-)

Nice reps.

Probably not a good idea to go after a 10k PB on Saturday anyway (5k maybe). FWIW I set my recent 5k PB 2 weeks after Six Foot last year - I think the hill work contirbutes to leg speed.

Anonymous said...

"Looks like I still have some pace but probably not enough to run the 10k this weekend for a PB."
(Superflea)

"Ya' get what ya' expect."
(Blue Dog's Mum)

Ewen said...

Good session Paul. Don't worry about Blue Dog's mum - I'd say you're a good chance of a PB on that course.

Don't do anything silly though - no calf or hammy testing sprint finishes ;)