Sunday, March 18, 2007

Clovelly Canter 32ks

Woke up a bit late and missed the start of the 6:20am group. I would have run to the start as it isn't that far from my house, about 1.5ks away at Queens Park. The group only left about 20seconds before I got there so I had a bit of an early sprint in the dark to catch them.

A half lap of Centennial Park and then out back nearly past the start again so I ran off to grab my map and then had to chase them for a couple of k's and caught them at a drink stop. We then basically pass through Bronte, Waverley Cemetery, Clovelly, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar, Matraville, Hillsdale, Eastgardens, Pagewood, Kensington and then back around the outside of Centennial Park to the finish. We had a bit of extra k's added in Malabar as we missed a turn while we were chatting on the run. Of course we did run an extra hill because of it. Lots of stairs running from Bronte to Maroubra slowed us up a fair bit.

The group was small but included Chris Truscott, Paul Mackay, Jono Worswick, Timinerko, Grandpa and Virtual as well for awhile.

Ran a total of 32.5ks after the Malabar mix up. Time was 2:37.41. Average pace of 4:51 per klm.
Next week I'll do a long run at Marathon Pace as it will be 3 weeks to go for Canberra.
Legs felt very slow from about the 20k mark of the run today. Hope to get some freshness in them when I start the taper.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Fantastic ran Flakey, particularly given that Six Foot was only a week ago. Take care of yourself over the next 3 weeks & you will fly in Canberra!

Spud said...

No doubt you'll be flying with a good taper Flake...looking good.

Rob said...

You seem well recovered from 6' Flakey. The first couple of K's must have been a good hard run. You don't want to have to do that in Canberra.

Ewen said...

Good run and catch. I'd suggest keeping the easy runs very easy between now and Canberra too.

2P said...

All shaping up nicely Flakey - just don't over-cook - I'm sure the bloke who writes your program will do the right thing ;-)

Brendan said...

Yeh. Noice to run with the 6:20 team. I woud have kept up if Jonathon didn't keep cracking all those jokes. Had me in stitches and the stomach cramps slowed me down on Malabar Rd. I've got a few beauties for next time, watch out.