Sunday, March 04, 2007

Balmain Bungle STaR-20ks

A shortened version of the Striders STaR today with conditions just as bad as yesterday morning. High humidity 86% and 23 degrees at the start and no wind whatsover.
A run mostly around Balmain and Leichhardt and then a finish back around the bay run.
Had Springer and Silver Fox for company for part of the run and then Grandpa on the short version as he is doing Six Foot next week as well.

Ended up as 20ks exactly in 1:40:48. Average pace of 5:02 per klm. Pretty slow for the 6:20am pace group. We usually run quicker. But that's ok I wasn't keen on it being fast today.

Later in the morning I headed to my surf club for some races. The swim was pretty tough as there were strong rips running and heaps of seaweed to deal with. The washing machine would be good to describe the choppy conditions. The run handicap was chopped a bit for me so I took advantage in the last round of the comp to take my first win for the year.
Had to buy beers for the BBQ. Excellent. No more surf club races for me till next season.

Legs feeling good for Six Foot. But the Sydney weather forecast is a worry. 19-29 degrees. I think I'll dip myself in a vat of suntan cream Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Nice one flake. I was in terrible shape when I saw you at the finish today. Ended up crawling up into a small ball and shivering all afternoon. Good luck next week. I hope that you don''t see Horrie and me.

2P said...

Just make sure you don't confuse your suncream with the dencorub tube....