Thursday, March 22, 2007

Flake Fartlek

Back by popular demand! Ok, Six Foot is over so I brought it back myself.
Ran into Centennial Park and did my 28 minute Version of the Mona Fartlek around the running track.
Very windy and really humid as well. Not easy conditions to do a speed session in.

Ran 6.9ks in the 28 minutes. Average pace of 4:03 per klm. Not bad considering the floats were pretty slow because I was buggered. That run yesterday took a fair bit of energy out of me.

Did a 1k warmup before the session and then a 2k cool down afterwards. I'll be happy when I can get this session back under the 4 min/k pace.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Not long now! Look after yourself Flakey & you will fly at Canberra. Looking forward to cheering you on!

Gronk said...

I have no idea what a mona fartlek is. Sounds way too technical for a plodder like me.

2P said...

Flakelek?

Rob said...

Flakey, I would be over the moon if I could get a session like that down to a 4:03 pace.

miners said...

great work mate - but remember not to push it too hard at the moment. Too soon after 6FT, and too close to Canberra to break anything :)