Sunday, August 14, 2011

City 2 Surf 55:04 = PB

I have been running City 2 Surf since 2002 and this year was blessed with a preferred start. Arrived in the city at 7:15 and was a bit rushed to put the bag in and use the loo before it rained on me for 10 mins while waiting for the loo and then dashed off to the start line.

It felt strange being on the other side of the rope for once. But I waited when it was time to bunch up for the start. I didn't get much of a flying start but I was able to run straight from the gun which was the same as last year. Didn't take too many splits as I was just running along enjoying the crowd as you do with this race.
The 5k was reached in 19:12 which was slightly ahead of last year, and the clock was reached in 28:42 also just ahead of last year.

I felt I was passing people and didn't have too many pass me running back to Bondi. A new 10k timing mat was put in but I didn't think the time resembled the usual position of where the clock has been in the past. Apparently I was 40:08 at that point.

I thought I ran faster back home to Bondi but ended up as 55:04 and only a 1 sec PB. At least I beat Blue Dogs 45-49 age group time. And I have 4 more years to improve it hopefully. A PB but not what I hoped for and probably back in the red group next year. P.S. I did beat the famous Superman who lead up William St.

Start to clock 28:42, clock to finish 26:22.
10k to finish 14:56. PB is 14:35. Got to get faster.

No comments: