Saturday, August 06, 2005

East Met Cross Country 6ks

After being told by a doctor that I don't have a stress fracture, although still in pain, I headed for a grassy race this afternoon missing my favourite Striders course due to work this morning. Damn.

Randwick Botany harriers had an organised 2k cross country circuit at Mutch Park at Pagewood.
A couple of decent hills and a bit of dirt running in one section.

The schedule had a 2k,4k and an 8k but we ended up only doing the 6k.

Had splits of 8:05, 16:53 to finish in 25:31. Happy to not let that last one blow out even more.

The leg hurt from the moment I started running, still hurts to walk so nothing unusual there.
Tried to keep 4min k pace but found on my first run, let alone race, in ten days that I had no lung capacity and struggled with my breathing.

How easy is it lose aerobic capacity so quickly.
Legs were sore after the race,but I still think I could coast around the C2S course in a decent time. I may be restricted in my breathing so a shot at sub55 is probably out now.

Met CR's Mohammad, BrightShoes and Chonky doing the race.
I think the winner did 19:19 for the 6k.

Will have a go at Woodstock fun run tomorrow, apparently 120 long race(7.75k) starters.

No comments: