Saturday, October 25, 2008

.Things have changed.

Apologies to Mr Zimmerman for pinching his song title. Inspired by Easy Tiger, Kanser and EJ running the 5k at ES Marks field this afternoon I decided to run a time trial in Centennial Park.
The Colin will be pleased.
Did a 2k warmup before I started. Legs were not feeling the best at the start and I had to contend with the sea breeze still blowing strong as well.

It felt good to run fast again. Total was 3.7ks in 14:11. Average pace of 3:50 per klm. Not sure where it came from, and I have no idea if it can be replicated next week at the 10k. Did a 2k cooldown after finishing.

P.S. Jeremey Roff ran the 5k and pulled out at 3k with an 8:08. He was paced for 2k by Jeff Hunt I think. Looks like he is in form for the 3000m state in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Ewen said...

The slow runs are doing you good. That's fast enough to race the state 3k.