Sunday, March 07, 2010

Centennial Park 23ks

Slept in this morning and consequently missed the Striders STaR at Balmain. The Bungle actually. Anyway I headed over to Centennial Park instead and did a few laps around the outside of the park.
Had a terrible run with temps of 23 degrees and 80% humidity and a 25k breeze blowing as well. Just could not find any rythym at all. Didn't help when the Mardi gra party came out of the Hordern at 7am in their wigs and tight dresses. And that was the blokes. Maybe they all were I can not be sure. Nigel and Bruce did wave at me at one stage.

After suffering badly I finally decided to stop the torture. All up it was 23.25ks in 1:50:23. Average pace of 4:44 per klm. Pretty bad on mostly a flat run with some grass.

I did catch up with Jeff Hunt at one stage for a chat. Only because he stopped for a drink the same time I did.
You need those hill reps for SMH Half JD.

No comments: