Sunday, March 06, 2005

Coburg Harriers Fun Run 12k

Arrived at the carpark a bit late 8:50 with race starting at 9.
The carpark was chockers, over a 100 cars. I thought this will be a big race.
Only to find out that Coburg Little Athletics was starting the same time on the track nearby.

Race was to go along the Merri Creek bike track but due to the storm last month parts of the track were damaged by falling trees. So we had to run a course through the local streets up and down hills, instead of the flat bike track. Oh well. Good training for Canberra.

The race was an out and back 2 x 6k loop. I was in fifth spot until one of the guys ahead stopped at the 6k mark. So basically chased the 3rd place runner for about 9ks. He only beat me by 27 seconds. Had a brief shower during the race and it was a bit windy at times.

I got to the 6k in 24:12 and then the 9k in 37:00. Forgot the 3k split.
Came back the last 3k in 11:36. Chasing 3rd place I think made me go quicker.
Finished in 48:36 for fourth place. Very happy with that.

No comments: