Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Gunn Island 5klm race

Well it was a personal worst!
Actually it was 5ks in 20:18. Came in third so that was good.
Ran the Gunn Island Runners 5k race.

The light was really bad as it started at 6.30 pm.
I didn't want to hurt an ankle so ran slower than I usually would as I was not sure of shadows or potholes.
The course is also mainly gravel so is not a fast course but is flat.

Met CR greybeard before the start. He is doing the Relay for Life on the weekend of Canberra Marathon. Chose the 3-6 am shift. Good luck with that one.

2 comments:

Horrie said...

I wouldn't worry about the time too much Superflake. I think it was more important to get through that run in one piece. I don't like the idea of running on a gravel surface in poor light. Your form is solid as it has been for months. Just relax and enjoy the taper mate. The hard work is done and in the bank. See you in 10 days.

Dave said...

I agree with Horrie, from experience the Gunn Rinners course is a slow course for a variety of reasons.

Just treat it as a nice stretch out for the legs and ignore the time.