Sunday, March 13, 2005

Princes Park Punisher 38.13ks

Work in the morning. Very hot day 35+ in Melbourne.
Started very late but by that stage a cool southerly breeze had started to blow.

Ran 38.13ks in a time of 3:17:48.
Pace was 5:09 per klm. A little bit slow but I have reasons.

About the 26k mark(near Flemington race course) I tripped on a tree root in the dark across the path and went down.
Luckily I fell like a cat. No sauce present on the body.
But I did land on the end of my elbow and my hip which both have nice bruises. Residents didn't even come out to look even though I hit the fence of one house.
As for the ankle it is sprained at the back between the achilles and the bone on both sides.
Hurts to run on it and kills on the hills but I can walk, so should repair fairly quickly.
Rest day Monday.

2 comments:

Clairie said...

Hi Superflake, hope the injury has gone or abated by now. Did you manage a run yesterday?

Take care, we need you at the after party in Canberra :BIGGRIN:

Superflake said...

Have not run this week yet. The ankle is still swollen. I don't see a problem as long as I run this sunday for at least 30k.