Sunday, May 24, 2009

SMC 25K

Weather looked good driving out to Smithfield until I reached Parramatta and it was raining. Thankfully it was all clear when we started running this morning. Heaps of water on the roads though.
Started off a bit fast but then eventually settled into 4:30/k pace which I maintained for most of the race. Went through 10k in 45:16, 15k in 68:11. Missed the 20k mark.
Seeing Horrie at about the 19k mark when I thought he was gone spurred me on to run faster the last 5k to race him home.
We both just beat the bus through at the busway at the 23.5k mark. Horrie got caught by the 4 guys chasing us but I did beat him home.

I finished in 1:55.27. So a 25k debut and PB. Average pace of 4:37/k. Not too bad after the half marathon last week. Fills a hole in my running PB graph.

3 comments:

2P said...

Glad you now have a complete graph :)

Ewen said...

I need a PB - I'll be there next year!

Horrie said...

Gees you're scraping the bottom of the barrel when you're racing to catch me after 2 x 100km events in the last 3 weeks Flake. Methinks it is time for you to do some training. That's if you ever want to start beating Blue Dog again.